Tuesday 1 June 2010

Placement

So after a bit of chasing up I got in touch wit a old friend does free lance design in Wigan, over summer I'm going to get down to Wigan and hae a talk to him about his design and work/ experience also where he finds his market for this kind of design work









































A lot of his work is around new bands who have gigs in clubs around the NW in places such as bar fever, Joseph Wells and a lot of other underground venues for bands.




















His work is made up of vector mostly and uses an interesting pallet which makes the advertisments really pop and look inviting.

I love the work he did for Manchester metal and how he included some of Manchester main highlights such as the mancester eye and printworks which are infact located very close to one another. Then the king kong just looks really rad.




















This is my favorite poster he did, I went to this gig in 2006 and I was amazed at his skills and how he smartly incorporated images together to make another image, I really love howhe go the detail on the wings of the bee and wether he has a few tips that will help my design details and work as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment